Followers

Friday, September 27, 2019

Last Weekend in September

Can you believe next week we are in to October?  Fall is moving right along...winter weather in a couple of the western Provinces...snow and lots of it in their forecast.  So happy we went to Alberta early last fall when we did.

I've been puttering around outside...remember the faux stack of pumpkins I've been crushing on?  When I saw one for sale on Marketplace...I contacted the seller and made an offer.  I'm happy how it fits right in with my lanterns and potted mums.  We've decided not to pick up real pumpkins...will leave it up to Mr. Seventies if he wants to do his usual cornstalk and straw bale display.  Still lots of time to decide....




I've been out and about a couple of times this week...will share some of my finds...I am so close to picking up these adorable gnomes in a wagon...I didn't have time to lift it up and check out the price (which they always stick on the bottom...)...I'm crushing on them big time...and am thinking I may do a small display at the back door...stayed tuned...



These pumpkins looked so real...I had to tap one...


Of course...a beautiful cushion caught my eye...and it did not come home with me...


I had such a chuckle with this sign...some spooky Hallowe'en decor...


I have been wanting an insulated, double steel walled drinking bottle for a while now...some are really expensive.  I knew when I came across not one...but two in a pack...this was a good deal!  Snapped them up pretty quick!



In other news, one thing dachshunds do not like is rain!  After Dorian dumped high winds and rain on us....and torrential rains earlier in the week...it was time Liesel had a raincoat to keep her dry during bathroom breaks...

This is her adorable happy face...she will appreciate wearing it when it is pouring rain!  She is used to wearing warm wraps and sweaters during the winter months..


A friend of mine and fellow dachshund Mama...convinced me to try out this all in one harness and leash combo...(one of her dachshund's name is Charlotte...).  I can't tell you how much I love this and how easy it is to use!  It is also impossible for a dog to slip off...and eliminates the need for both a harness and leash!  I chose the orange reflective colour....I plan to order a pink one for the summer months!  Liesel was being so co-operative to model...it's difficult to see how it works using photos...I'm looking forward to Liesel using it.  Another bonus...it slips easily over thick sweaters and wraps...one end goes over her head...the leash goes under her front legs, then loops up around... and through a slot behind her head.  Then you slide the disc down..and you're ready to go.  Harness and leash in one!  It's made of very soft chenille rope like fabric...


I spotted these steps...and considered replacing Liesel's steps she uses to get beside me in our chair...these are softer and lighter...as hers are hard vinyl.  The $50 price tag brought me to my senses pretty quick!  Crazy...and definitely not worth that unrealistic price!


I have my fall Hallo'wiener nails!  My nail gal is also an awesome artist...and she will be doing an adorable wall mural in my new grand baby's nursery!  Doing the nursery is going to be so much fun!


And speaking of new grand baby....the happy parents are planning a gender reveal party for us grand parents in November!  Cannot wait!  Mr. Seventies says no need for a reveal...baby is a boy!  I'm thinking he and I will have a little wager on that!  We've never had a grand son...just grand daughters...so a boy would be different!  Not that it matters...a healthy, happy baby is much more important.  But I do pink really well...just saying.

Mr. Seventies tulip order from Vesey's arrived yesterday..he's going to be busy planting.  And his 35 year old chainsaw was able to be repaired...he has a dead tree to take down...as well as the one that broke off during Dorian.  

And finally....driveway repaired.  It isn't pretty...but at least it is done...and much safer!  A representative with a local landscape company dropped by as well...he is going to top soil and reseed the damaged area along the driveway.  He says we still have 2-3 weeks left to get grass established again. 


That's just about what has been going on here!  A head's up...Christmas decor is set out...and I'm dreaming about Christmas decorating all ready!  Will share what I've seen so far next week!













No comments:

Post a Comment