Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

My Favourite Time of Year

Most people prefer the summer months...and I love summer too...but it is such a short season for us.  July and August are the hottest months...once September rolls around temperatures at night start to drop off.  We still have gorgeous, sunny days....it's what the tourism folks call the "shoulder season".  We get a number of cruise ships in port for a day of retail therapy for their passengers and they in turn create an influx of cash flow for the downtown merchants, restaurants and theatres.  One of my nephews is going to be in port for one day next week...we have plans to meet and catch up.

I love when clothing retailers have reward programs!  I received two reward certificates in the mail...and an added bonus...the dollar amount doubled if I used them between September 3-6, 2019.  I didn't have to be told twice!  I visited the other day...and these are two tops I chose...and they cost me $0.

The first one is a rugby polo shirt...which is so soft and comfy...available in three colours, I chose a dusty pink.  Mine is longer on me than the one in the photo...perfect for wearing with leggings or jeans.   And free!


And this sweater is a cotton blend...so soft and not big or bulky...it's prettier in person than the photo shows..a very pretty shade of blue...with a tulip hem.  I chose to go up a size...even though it looked fine...I wanted a bit more of a relaxed fit.


And speaking of sizes...I was one of those women who defined herself by a label size...for years!  Looking back, I remember how terrible it used to make me feel if a certain size didn't fit...and I wouldn't buy it!  How ridiculous was I?  Thankfully, I've matured enough to not give a darn what size is on the label...but rather how something feels and looks on me!   If I'm required to go up three or four sizes to get the look and feel I want...so be it!  I wish I had learned that years ago!    Sizing of clothes vary so much from store to store and brand to brand.  

Now this hoodie dress I'm excited to receive.  I ordered it back in July...and it is due to arrive any day!  I would love to have one in soft pink....but will wait until this one arrives and if I like the fit...I may order another and wait another two months for it to arrive.  Definitely my style...pull on a pair of opaque tights and Blundstone boots...and voila...ready to go!


Switching gears...look what I came across on FB marketplace in our area!  When I contacted the seller, it had been sold pending pickup.   That buyer was a no show...so the seller contacted me to see if I was still interested.  I requested more photos and close ups...and felt it was well worth the asking price of $30!!

The bassinet has only been used a few weeks...as are most of them...and the seller even delivered it to my daughter's house!  They want to have their munchkin in their bedroom with them for the first few weeks...and this is perfect!  Everything will be thoroughly washed, starched a bit and pressed...fresh for our new spring baby!




A couple of adorable owls....how cute are they?


The nursery will be across the hall from their master bedroom...which we will start preparing in the New Year.  A doxie theme nursery to be precise.  After all...baby's big brother is a doxie!  Seems appropriate. 

In chatting with a friend last week...the topic of conversation rolled around to Christmas and Christmas decor and trees.  She is doing a turquoise and silver decor theme for her home and tree.  Like me...we prefer to change up our colours every couple of years...guess that's why we are friends...we think alike.  

I'm rolling the colour scheme plum and soft pink.  For now the ideas are in the brewing stages...we shall see. I have a few weeks to mull it all over!






No comments:

Post a Comment