Followers

Monday, September 30, 2019

Thinking All Things Christmas

And those cooler months ahead.  I spent a bit of time over the weekend gathering Liesel's fall and winter wear!   It's convenient to have hoodies, rain gear, and warm wraps close at hand...great time to sort out what no longer fits or can be passed on dachshunds in rescue.


A great spot to store my doxie mittens too!


I strolled into Michael's last week...and to my delight...look at all this Christmas goodness!


I luv, luv, luv these nutcrackers!!  Might be on my must haves list!!


And stunning picks to choose from....


I picked up a couple of smaller items...these styrofoam balls are going to be "snowballs"....stacked in a tin bucket...with the cute little red truck pick.  I checked the price of the styrofoam balls at Michaels...almost $9 per bag....mine are from the Dollar store...work just as well.


And while I was at the Dollar store...I came across these cuties...too cute to be left behind...will make an adorable addition to our tree this year,...


Who doesn't love Pugs?  I know I do...and it was my breed of choice before falling in love with dachshunds....I sure wouldn't mind having a cup of hot chocolate in this little guy!!


Adorable cooke jars and salt and pepper shakers too!  Awesome gifts for the pug lover in your life!!


Switching back to fall....Mr. Seventies and I were chatting the other day...and I asked him if he knew the reason I loved fall so much?  He replied, "Pumpkins?"  "Falling Leaves?" "Crisp mornings? "Warm Sweaters?" "Football"?  And while I do love all those things...(well....except football...) the real reason I love fall so much is because we starting dating in the fall!  And were married in the fall! He says he knew that too, he was just teasing me.   It's true...on our "second date"....we enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with my parents and family!  So fall has a very special meaning to us...and in a few weeks we will be celebrating thirty six years of marriage!!  (forty years together).  I think there might be something sparkly in the works to commemorate the years!  Little tease there...

BTW - I am still loving the pet furniture covers I purchased...but decided to order a love seat sized one for our family room chair.  It is larger than a regular chair...almost a chair and a half and the cover does not quite cover the arms as much as I would like.   I chose this one...and it should arrive tomorrow...although it is made for a love seat...it may work for our chair.  It is water repellent as well..win-win!   I will share my findings once it arrives. 


Much cooler temps here today...as we wrap up another month!  I love cool, cloudy and windy days!  Perfect for short walks with Liesel!









No comments:

Post a Comment