Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Rumours Put to Rest

There has been much chatter in my neck of the woods, so to speak about the lack of goods in one of our local stores.  I must admit, I felt things were amiss when I popped in one particular quiet evening and I think I shared previously empty shelves, floor space and emptiness in areas that are usually well stocked.

Well...it appears the rumour mill was wrong...and I'm happy to see for myself ...things are as they should be.  I exhaled a sigh of relief when the doors slid open and I took in all things fall...and pretty!!


So let's do a bit of a walk about...to enjoy the colours and textures....and I'm crushing on this colour combination...ivory, touch of orange, greens and chocolate brown....yummy...



Okay...let's talk turkey....how adorable is this guy??  Pretty cute!  Notice too faux pumpkins are shown in various materials and colours...from velvet to rope to knit ones!


Who doesn't love candy corn?  Especially when it's an adorable garland!!   I considered taking this one home...but it's $24.99 price tag was a bit much....


This pretty one, on the other hand...ended up in my cart...not only was it lower in price, but I can leave it up all fall....


We had to remove a few of the felt balls (the garland was 6 feet long)...to swag across our brick mantle...


As I continued around...I saw this adorable tea pot...



Had to chuckle when I saw this cute plate...who doesn't love dancing Skeltons?


This pretty butter dish...half the size of the one I purchased at Value Village...and triple the price...


A couple of Hallowe'en mugs...adorable...


I took a couple of photos of our kitchen table...with my fall arrangement, runner and pretty faux pumpkins....



A sneak peek of my next reborn doll....the artist is working diligently, spending hours and hours getting her hair perfect.  Each strand is hand rooted...her shading and colouring is done all by hand to perfection...and look at those eyelashes!   She is of Asian descent therefore "Jia Mayleen" is the name I have given her...wait til you see her cranky little puss face!   Liesel is looking forward to keeping a watchful eye on another one of her "babies"....



As I close, I'm very sad to report our daughter's dog, Abby crossed Rainbow Bridge yesterday.  We were blessed to share our life for 14 amazing years with this sweet, gentle girl.  It is so difficult to say good-bye.  Abby will be cremated and laid to rest in the town's pet cemetery, next to her feline sisters.  She will be forever loved and missed.   

Rest in Peace dear girl...


Hug those fur babies a little tighter today. 












No comments:

Post a Comment