Followers

Monday, September 16, 2019

Few Touches of Fall Decor

Here we are....half way through September already.  Mr Seventies officially closed and covered the pool for winter....disconnected the pump and put it away.  He's going to have it checked before next swim season...it was making a loud whining noise...it will be repaired or replaced.

The wood from the broken tree branch was picked up...great to have that out of the way.  After 35 years of service...Mr. Seventies chainsaw needs to be replaced.  He dropped it off in the event it can be repaired (doubtful)...and if not, then he will be shopping for a new one.  Since he is very experienced with a saw...he will be looking for a Pro Series model.  He shakes his head when he sees guys sawing without the proper safety pants and boots and eye and ear protection.

In other news, Michael's is having a fabulous fall decor sale....60% off!  I picked up a few things that caught my eye....


I love the arrangement I picked up and hung it on the front door.  The wreath I had displayed on the door..has now moved to the back door...


I couldn't resist the small dough bowl...and asked Mr. Seventies to give it a couple of coats of stain...perfect size to display my apples...


The tobacco basket was stained as well...although it's a dark brown stain...it looks black in the photo. These baskets range in size from small to really large...this one is about a medium size...


I was browsing my favourite shoe store and spotted these awesome Doc Marten boots!  I didn't purchase them...but mulled it over for a week or so.  I still wanted them...so went back and bought them.  I have a couple of ankle height Doc Martens...these are higher.  Doc Martens and Blundstones are very comfortable...and last forever.  I take good care of my leather footwear...keeping them clean and use protective spray.  



Baby's first photo...we are excited to be having another grand baby!  Isn't it amazing how you can see as baby develops...such an adorable little face!  Everything is progressing as it should be...with baby due in March 2020!  Maybe on my birthday?  Wouldn't that be awesome?  I was born on my grandmother's birthday...so maybe this little love with choose the same arrival date!!



Are you a Downton Abbey fan?  My friend and I are huge fans...and have pre-purchased and reserved seats to see the movie coming out later in the week!

Also have a road trip to the mainland planned for this week!  Will scout out our usual haunts!  Have a beautiful day and enjoy the lovely fall weather!








No comments:

Post a Comment