Followers

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Potato Basket Fall Arrangement & Other Stuff

 I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing long weekend...the weather was sunny with seasonal temps.  The patio furniture was put away, pool floats deflated and water level in the pool has been taken down in preparation for it's winter cover.

We got together with our daughter and her hubby, a couple of times....enjoying a barbecue and filled a request for Mr. Seventies home made pizza last evening.

I put together my fall arrangement in the antique potato basket I purchased a number of months ago.  I'm pleased with the finished results...Mr. Seventies lengthened the kitchen table to accommodate my fall table runner and the basket.   I will get a photo showing the runner and fall pumpkins once my fall decor is brought out of storage.



I'm still in love with my new slipcovers...I decided to try out pet covers from Bed Bath and Beyond.  They are available on Amazon and a couple of other sites...and are relatively close in price.  There were a few colours available....and they are reversible...I chose brown.  Let's be real...we have a small dog...and even though her paws get wiped when she comes in from outdoors...she is a part of the family and allowed on the furniture.  With the exception of the love seat...she loves to park her cute hiney on a cushion and bark at the world going by.  Not only do I not want her hind end on my cushions....I don't want her barking insanely.  The reviews were good on the pet covers...I'll give my 2 cents when they arrive and are in use for a while. 


So, then this happened....as I laid my bag on the passenger seat in the SUV.....I was shocked to see this....I mean...I was gob smacked...how on earth did this happen...without me noticing!!


And nothing small, like lip balm fell out!  If you have been following for a while, you may remember I purchased this crossbody bag from an Island artisan who makes these bags in various sizes and shapes and now has added dyed leather to some of her pieces.  She sets up during the summer months at a downtown market along with an Etsy shop.  I contacted her regarding my bag...she dropped by over the weekend to take it with her for repairs...apologizing profusely.   Neither she nor I have any idea how this happened...I don't remember catching or ripping it on anything...she says it does not look like the stitching let go...but is confident she can repair it.  Once it is good as new...she will drop it off next weekend.  Her bags are so sturdy and well put together with the softest of leather....we gave our daughter a similar bag for Christmas last year.  So far, she hasn't had an issue...but is keeping a close eye.  As with all good quality leather...it just ages and wears beautifully.

I retrieved my lanterns from the front step, removed the bows and summer florals and gave them a good scrubbing and cleaning in preparation for changes to more fall decor.  The silliest thing about making baskets, wreaths and doing up these lanterns....for me anyway....is make the bows!  It is so easy to make them with my E-Z bow maker...but I detest doing it!  But after seeing the sticker price for premade bows....I'll suck it up and make my own. 

I'm pleased to report Home Sense is now fully stocked with beautiful home decor!  Stay tuned tomorrow for that update.


Have an awesome day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment