In my defence....I went in search of a magazine I enjoy - to my disappointment....it wasn't there! I used to read books all the time....then something happened...I now have the attention span of a gnat!! I have tried to get back into reading....I even changed my interests in reading material to no avail.
One failed attempt found me relaxing on the deck, with what promised to be an interesting read. So, I began....until I realized my neighbours vehicle in his yard. Hmmm....wonder why he was off work that day? Back to my book. I've never seen that bird here before, wonder what it is? Back to my book...reading the same paragraph....again. Oh, Mrs. So & So walking past.....stopped to have a conversation (15 minutes) then back to my book. Re-read the same paragraph....again. Then the waste truck emptied the cart....since I'm not into my book....I may as well go retrieve it.
And I gave up my book. Maybe someday I'll try again....but not this day.
Want to know what I did find? Let's take a peek! Pyjamas! My only purchase.....but they are so comfortable!! They were available in butter yellow, pink & blue....(my favourite).....each set came in its own little drawstring bag...
Not sure why a book store carries pyjamas....but I'm glad they do!! And adorable Hallowe'en mugs!
And covered mushroom & pumpkin candles - they smelled amazing!!! I was so tempted.....
A couple of adorable re-usable canvas bags.....to carry books maybe?
No explanation on why I found this one exceptionally adorable....and I could use another bag, right?
And....I left with pyjamas....no magazine or book! I popped into a discount store....they had candles there too....only $10 each....less the cost of the ones at the book store.....but again....I looked but didn't touch!
I might be getting good at this....
These tins were on sale.....I use liquid laundry detergent....and the box holding my dryer sheets seems to be doing it's job.....and I have no where to set a tin....a shelf over the washer & dryer is out of reach...I'd need a step ladder....so on the dryer.....in their box....the dryer sheets will remain.....
By this time, my stomach was telling me it was way past lunch time....so I headed home. The weather today promises to be another warm one....then we are going into a cool down for a few days....with some showers & rain on the way. We had a thundershower the other night....complete with heat lightening! A rare occurrence here .....
Clancy Mae continues her recovery.....a couple more days of pain medication....and ten more days of R & R. She doesn't bother with her incision site....of course it is covered....but she doesn't make any attempt to chew or lick so that is a win!
Thanks so much for being here....have an awesome weekend!!
Til next time.....
Enjoyed your little shopping trip. Your jammies are so cute. You do need to concentrate when you’re reading, no interruptions. I don’t read as much as I used to either. Glad Clancy Mae is doing so well. Hugs, Elaine
ReplyDeleteHi Elaine! I exchanged the blue jammies for butter yellow - the pink is a very faded pink. I wish I could get back into reading....I used to love curling up with a good book...now I cannot keep my mind focused!! Clancy Mae sends her luv & thank you for the continued good wishes!! ((hugs))
Delete