The onesies were a nightmare to deal with....not made for a dachshund with a long back! Woke up in the night to find Clancy had wiggled her way out of hers! Nekkid she was!!!
I popped into the pet store.....and while I found a great surgery recovery suit there.....the leg openings were large enough to stick Clancy's head through!! I knew her short legs would never stay in those openings.
The sales clerk mentioned when her cat was spayed, her veterinary clinic sold surgery recovery wraps, that lace up the back....no need to remove for potty breaks! Sounded too good to be true...we took Clancy in for a personal fitting....and look how awesome this little "hospital gown" type wrap is!
I'm going to suggest to my veterinary clinic to carry these.....there are ones for dogs as well....but due to Clancy Mae's small size.....the cat ones fit really well!!
These will make the next two weeks much easier to get through!!




Awesome! I’ve never seen those. We’ve had a time with our dogs after surgery. Wonder if Amazon carries them? RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteI've not seen them available on amazon - www.vetmed.com is the company website....I think they only supply to vet clinics. But they may be able to advise if there is one in your area that carries them. Good luck & I hope this helps! I found out from a gal in the pet store - who purchased one for her cat when she had her spay. (Clancy Mae is wearing a cat wrap - she is still quite small). So happy to have found them - I'm going to highly recommend my vet clinic start carrying them!
DeleteThat looks way more comfortable for Clancy Mae. How long will she have to wear it? Hugs, Elaine
ReplyDeleteHi Elaine, great question! 10-14 days is advised.....Clancy Mae is not bothered by her incision or wrap!...which is great. Her incision is very neat & dry - stitches are internal. A little mini pad is placed in the wrap to keep it dry. (I put a new one in daily). She barely notices she is wearing anything....which is great as colder weather & winter approaches!! (((hugs)))
Delete