Followers

Monday, March 25, 2019

Birthday Weekend Celebration

Can you believe we are heading into the last week of March?  Soon we'll have April showers to bring May flowers!

It was a very enjoyable weekend...we celebrated my birthday on Saturday with my family!  I am truly blessed as they spoiled me immensely.  We had not one....but two birthday cakes!!  The first one is awesome...since we are fans of a local NBL basketball team...it is fitting that we shared a basketball themed cake!  A basketball landing in a hoop...and it tastes just as good as it looks!!


The second cake is a true representative of my love of the dachshund breed! Is this not the cutest thing every?  And the cupcakes were so rich and chocolatey....and almost two cute to eat!


Pizza and garlic fingers had been ordered...then everyone dove into cake!  As usual, they spoiled me with gifts...Mr Seventies gifted me a wireless printer!   My current printer is not wireless...nor compatible with my laptop.  I received additional cartridges, headset and gift cards to one of my favourite stores. And a gift bag with containers of body butter shower gel and hand cream.

My grand daughters thoroughly enjoyed their Easter bucket of goodies!  They were very excited to show the cute dachshund cupcakes!



I truly didn't mind turning a year older...spending it with my family is worth it!

One day last week, my BFF and I hit up a couple of second hand stores.  I purchased this little guy....a holder for my pot scrubber!  Remember when these were all the rage?  What goes around...comes around again!



Then we stopped by our Home Sense store....loved this jar...but my friend claimed it reminded her of a cremation urn!   Moving right along.......


I shared in recent posts the wicker furniture purchased for the outside deck...and since then...I have been watching for tables that would be suitable for outside use...durable...and enough weight not to blow around....these ones might have fit the bill...except they were crazy expensive (more than I wanted to spend) and kinda ugly...




These metal ones would be perfect except they are not weighty enough....first good breeze and they would be airborne! They were super inexpensive and came in a variety of heights...


And colour choices...however just not sturdy enough for outdoor living....



Spotted this pretty canvas painting....my friend snatched it up for her main bathroom....



A couple of really pretty dessert plates...I have a couple of these...once belonged to my Mom....



And with that, we ended our afternoon outing with a stop at the coffee shop.  We are looking forward to another trip to the mainland this week...and will stop in at our favourite shops!

Have a great day!









No comments:

Post a Comment