Followers

Friday, March 15, 2019

Odds and Ends

It's officially Friday...and another day of sun and warmer temps in the forecast.  We've lived here long enough to know winter isn't done with us yet.  But this has been an awesome reprieve from the cold!

Sure glad I gassed up the vehicle yesterday.....prices rose 6 cents/litre overnight!  Gas prices are regulated here...the first and fifteenth of each month the prices change.  Sometimes for the good....sometimes not so good.

And the great pellet shortage of 2019 is in full swing!  Not a bag of pellets to be found in the city!  The last time we had a shortage was 2015...we had so much snow that year...getting in the woods for wood products was impossible.  That is not the case this year however....a couple of places have informed the pellet plant in Quebec sustained a fire...which I presume has shut them down.  That puts the pressure on other suppliers to keep up with demand...which is proving hard to do I guess....as there are no pellets available here!  The big box stores that carry them advise they have none in stock...but they are on order..with no idea if they will be delivered in the foreseeable future!    And when they do come in...they are sold out the same day...if you are lucky enough to be there at the right time.

There is a supplier that delivers bags of pellets free of charge...we placed an order with him...as he expects a shipment next week...but does not know the day.  At least we are assured to get them when they do come in!   We have enough bags to do us 10-12 days...with outside temps warming up.

In the meantime, I decided to pop into Home Sense and pick up the kettle I mentioned in a previous post.  I liked the green colour available...but the white enamel goes with my enamel bread box....

I absolutely love it!  It's super easy to pour and heats water quickly!


Since the warmer days are a sign of winter winding down...I ordered a couple of things to take with me when we visit my nephew in Ottawa later in the spring...I can't tell you how much I luv, luv, luv this comfy top!  It is so "me".  If is is half as awesome as I think it is...I'll order another in a different colour!  Great top for schlepping around in!



I like the wider legs on these jeans...and the decorative buttons on the sides.  With a birthday coupon the store sent me...and free shipping...it was hard to pass them up.  


And lastly, I don't know how much longer I can stand a dirty vehicle!  Our SUV needs to be detailed inside and out...but we'll have messy weather yet.  I used to drop it off for cleaning at a local car wash...but now that Mr. Seventies is retired...he prefers to do it.  He does an excellent job as well...and it's hard to justify doing it right now...with it being mud and pot hole season!

I'm going to run it though an automated car wash..as least get the first layer of winter off!  Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment