Followers

Monday, March 4, 2019

Waiting for Spring

Anyone else had enough of winter?  Yeah, I thought so too.  We are forecast to receive 30-40 cm of snow, ice pellets, winds and whatever else Ma Nature can toss our way!

But that is not going to dampen my resolve to "think spring"!  As mentioned in an earlier post...I've got patio furniture on the brain!  Mr. Seventies and I motored to Summerside one afternoon last week...as our local Canadian Tire (yes, they sell more than tires) had no clearance on wicker furniture in stock! But the Summerside location carried the love seat!  And she fit perfectly in our SUV.  In the on line photos the cushions appear red, but they are actually more of a rust colour.


A couple of days later, my bestie and I took a quick scoot over to the main land to Amherst...where their store carried a few of the matching wicker chairs!  Even with the near $50 bridge toll...it was worth the trip!  Difficult to tell...but there are two chairs and four cushions squished perfectly in our vehicle!  And as an added bonus...I was able to have a quick visit with my daughter and grand daughter while having coffee at Tim's.  Win-win!!


These pieces were on clearance, I was pretty confident the local store was not going to bring in any more...which is why I had to purchase at other locations.  I was able though to pick up a cover for the love seat on clearance for half price...it loos like it is a chair cover...but it is for the love seat.  Chair covers were not listed...I will wait for them to come on sale and pick up a couple then. 


Mr. Seventies brought everything in and it is safely stored in the utility room in the lower level.  

In other news, remember the cushions I swooned over at Pier 1?  They only had one in stock, with more coming in the next day.  My BFF was back to the mainland for a day.  While she was at an   appointment, her hubby picked up the second cushion for me!  And they were so worth the wait!  And see that gorgeous throw on the left arm of the love seat?  That is the one I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond.   There is a beautiful crotchet throw on order as well.  Their new line of home goods is Bees and Willow Home and it carries amazing decor...and great quality.   I love that I can order online with free shipping direct to my home or if they have it in stock, you can order online and pick up in their store!  Neither throw is available at our local store...so free Fed Ex shipping to my home is even better!  I love that the cushions carry the colours in our area rug.  




The cushions that were on the love seat previously...have now taken up residency on the sofa!  I love they bring out the turquoise in the slipcover!



My red sweater LOVE cushion didn't go far...it is propped up on my wicker storage trunk!  Not a great photo...but you get the idea.  



I popped into Michaels over the weekend...great spring sales of 40% off going on!  I had a couple of gift cards idling in my wallet....I love this metal tray I picked up!  Fits the smaller wicker coffee table perfect!



Of course, no venture in town would be complete without a quick peruse around Home Sense!
I purchased a beautiful spring wreath for the front door...and it was on clearance as well!  It won't be hung until we are well into spring weather!  The price was too good to pass up...I couldn't put one together for the $13 I paid for this.





I have got a start on switching out the winter bedding....will share when that is complete!

If you are expecting snowmageddon where you live...stay safe and warm inside!   The snow has just started here...





No comments:

Post a Comment