Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Fall In The Family Room

It's feeling like fall here today...with a frost advisory for overnight!   I love this time of year!  I did a little bit of fall decor in the family room...I switched out the faux flowers in the mason jars for a  pop of fall colours & added the pumpkin runner underneath.   I'm loving the Rae Dunn Boo throw...very soft and snuggly....



Crushing hard on Eek & Boo - BOGO at Michaels...



Last fall, I picked up two wreaths during Michael's BOGO sale...one for our home...and the other for daughter's home...since Mr. Seventies and our son-in-law are football fans...



Remember the white pumpkin I picked up a little while back at Home Sense?  It looks so pretty when lit up at night....with a fall scented candle inside...and beside it I have my pumpkin tart burner warming delicious smelling tarts.  I filled the lantern with small pumpkins, pine cones and faux acorns...


I set my red truck...with pumpkins in the back... on the stand between the chairs...



My son-in-law showed me how to put amazing screen savers on our television!!  We don't have a Smart TV...so he gave me an extra device he had on hand...and we set it up so I can pick any screen saver on You Tube.  There are hundreds to chose from...for any season.  It doesn't show up well in photos...this is one we had on the other night.  We usually pick a different one every evening...they are so pretty to watch...leaves falling...and most have sound.  I usually mute the sounds...depending on the back ground we choose...


I also added a few fall touches in the main bedroom.  My honest review on the linen sheets purchased a few weeks ago.  Maybe we're missing something, but not happy how rough and scratchy they are!  I've washed & dried them three times (in the dryer)...added baking soda and fleecy to the cycles...and still they aren't comfortable to the touch.  I've read where they will soften up over time...but what about in the meantime?  So...yeah.  They are a big no for us. 

The duvet cover, on the other hand...which was a custom order on Etsy from Russia...is amazing!  So beautiful, soft and well constructed...we're extremely happy with it.  But the sheets are a no for us.  Not to mention one piece in the order, a pillowcase arrived with a hole.  Have not received a replacement yet..but not in a rush to use them anyways. 

It's sunny & cool here today...hope you have an awesome day where ever you are.  




No comments:

Post a Comment