Followers

Friday, September 10, 2021

Sneak Peek

Finally getting some cleaning & setting out fall decor...now I just need the temps to start falling & enjoy fall!  It's hurricane season...and we usually get the tail end of them...with rain and winds!  And the last couple of days has been no exception...but it's been humid and wet.

A little touch of fall in the front entry...



With two tart warmers and pumpkin spice candles burning..it smells pretty amazing in here!  I hope to finish up over the weekend.

I'm so excited to see we have a bumper crop of Japanese lanterns!!  Tomorrow we hope to pick a few bundles, remove their leaves & hang to dry in the storage barn for a few weeks.  I may bring in a couple of stems & let them dry inside...

An update to the torn linen pillow case....if you remember a few posts back where I discovered a tear.  I washed them, according to the instructions and hung them on the line to dry & that's when I saw this....


I received word they are sending a replacement...after making a couple of suggestions...like stitching it closed...or taking it to a "laundromat" & get them to do it...as well as a reimbursement of funds.  I declined.   Firstly, I do not sew.  Secondly laundromats here do not have seamstresses on staff...and thirdly...please send a replacement,  It's in the mail I have been advised.  Thank you.

Rain is in the forecast again today.  Then sun for the weekend.  The pool is drained, the pump disconnected & stored for the winter...the solar blanket will be laid out on the lawn tomorrow for drying before being folded & put away.  

No further word on the carpeting for the back stairs.  I'm assuming is was shipped via Fed Ex on September 7, 2021 as was the latest update...so fingers crossed it will arrive & be installed in the next couple of weeks.  It will be nice to have the back entry completed.

Hoping you have an awesome weekend!  Stay tuned for Monday...I hope to have some fall decor photos to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment