Followers

Monday, September 27, 2021

This & That

We've been enjoying our walking trails with Liesel...enjoying the start of fall colours....and we saw the biggest owl...causing a ruckus amongst the birds!  I couldn't get a decent photo...as it was too far up in a tree...and would have blended in with the branches.  But we could watch him (or her)....as she was watching us.  And a number of squirrels and chipmunks ran across our path...you would think Liesel...being a dachshund would be all over them!  But she had little interest in them...



I enjoy when the cooler temps arrive and as a rule, we get winds this time of year.  Not cold enough to be uncomfortable...but amazing for walking!   There are so many trails on the Island...they span from tip to tip.  The trails are former railroad routes...once the trains were taken off the Island...the tracks were taken up and walking trails were made.

Avid bikers bike from one end of the Island to the other...it covers about 273 km.  During the winter, the Snowmobile Association grooms the trails for snowmobiling...ATV's and skis are not permitted on the trails.  And the trails are policed...we met two police officers on ATV's (on trails groomed along side the walking trail)....and they patrol on bikes as well.  It's a great time of year to visit the various trails...we really enjoy them.

My first order from the Canadian Bath & Body Works website arrived...and it did not disappoint!  Their candles are amazing...and I ordered a few hand soaps as well..


And with fall...came the need for new slippers...ones with memory foam insoles and anti slip treads..I'm enjoying the comfort of these ones...


With our anniversary coming up next month...Mr. Seventies ordered the new iPhone 13 Mini for me!  I'm so excited...it was pre-ordered and delivery is early next month.  I chose a pretty clue colour...

And this colour for the protective case...the phone comes with a charger...but there is a MagSafe charger that can be placed on the back of the case for wireless charging.  I may get one of those later on..

I'm excited to try this Apple phone...my laptop is a Mac...and last Christmas Mr. Seventies gifted me with Apple Air pods.  Unfortunately they don't work well with my current phone.  The whole idea of the air pods was to be able to listen to music on my phone when out walking...but Apple & Samsung don't play nicely together...so I've been forced to use my over the ear headphones.  I'll get to use myAir Pods with this new phone.  

And lastly, Anthrolopologie has in stock the matching shams to my Rivulets quilt!  I ordered a set...as I'm excited to put my quilt set on in December!  (great colour for the holidays)...



We are still waiting news regarding the carpeting for the back entry!  It's been almost two months since it was ordered!  And no word yet.  I plan to call the store today...although I'm sure if there was any news...I would have been contacted.  Crazy how long it is taking for things to arrive.  Our neighbour, whose pool needs replacing...has been advised it will be 2023 before that can happen!  And furniture stores are reporting months of back orders...if it isn't in the store...it will be a long wait.  

That's all the news from here...thanks so much for stopping by!  Have an awesome day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment