Followers

Monday, September 20, 2021

Last Official Days of Summer

Summer ends this week...and fall begins!  At least on the calendar...we are having  cool nights but gorgeous, sun filled days.  We have about five pumpkins flourishing in the garden...Mr. Seventies placed this one on the front step...and we didn't even plant pumpkins!

We have a compost bin...and last years pumpkin must have went in there...and the seeds ended up in the garden when the compost was added & tilled into the garden in May.   The other crop doing really well right now is Buttercup squash...I remember paying $5.00 for one in the grocery store last year...so requested more get planted this year so we won't run out...



While at Home Sense the other day...I spotted these amazing candles!!  They resemble take out coffee cups ...available in two scents...



I couldn't resist the Pumpkin Spice Latte candle...the cover obviously comes off before lighting...it smells so amazing...



And a smaller candle with an equally amazing scent...


I'm loving all the fall scents this year...strong scents do not bother us...and we often get compliments how awesome our home smells!!


I'm not sure how long I can resist this adorable dachshund witch!  Don't be surprised if she follows me home in the not to distant future...


I mentioned before the lack of fall cushions in stock...they were able to bring in a few...but none that interested me...what they did have were Halloween themed as opposed to fall....



The days are getting shorter...and the evenings are darker earlier.  We've been enjoying the walking trails with Liesel...and starting to see leaves turning colour!  

Is it fall-like where you are?  From now until Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year.  January til May...not so much.

Have an awesome day & thanks so much for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment