Followers

Monday, August 22, 2022

Hot August Days

We've been back into warm temperatures here the last few days....after a cool down for a couple of weeks. It appears summer is not done with us yet!

We've been having hotter temperatures here the last number of years....something that was uncommon when we moved here.  We've had hot days (for us) hitting the 30 degree C mark (close to 90 degrees F).  Very happy to enjoy the pool...and thankful to have the air conditioning in the house!  Today is forecast another warm one.

I won't be doing any fall decor inside until we get into September....but it is flying off the shelves here!  People love to decorate for fall!  While picking up a few things at the grocery store....I browsed their home goods section...came across a couple of cute wooden trucks....ready for fall...


Available in a couple of colours.....how cute are they?


I was really on the hunt for coffee mugs!  It's hard to find just the right size mugs I'm looking for...but found a couple of possible options...


I was surprised to discover not all mugs are microwave or dishwasher safe...and that is a must...all the ones I came across this trip were just that....


I picked up four that, while still a little bigger than I'd like...were suitable.  And fit the criteria...we are not big coffee drinkers (me...not at all)...tea is my hot beverage of choice!


There were also an assortment of candles....some single wick....others three wick...these two were my favourite scents....especially the pumpkin churro.  I have an assortment of new fall candles...so did not need to get any more....



And although I'm not in need or purchasing any fall clothes...when you come across a great sale too good to pass up...you give in, right?   This waffle knit piece is shown as a dress....but I plan to wear it as a light coverup during fall days.  And it was a steal of a deal at 30% off...plus I had $15 in rewards money....too good to pass up....



And this cosy vest....will be perfect over a hoodie when walking Liesel on the trails this fall....


Home Depot will be coming to do a consult & measure for shutters in the kitchen windows.  We removed the previous shades when painting the kitchen....and until houses went up being ours....we really didn't need anything for privacy.  Even now...because the windows are high...privacy isn't really too big an issue yet....but it's just a matter of time until houses are build directly behind us....a little closer.  And since we have white shutters through the house....we plan to continue them into the kitchen. 

Not certain how long it will take for them to measure, order, arrive or be installed...they way things have slowed down here with materials and time lines....

The plan is to enjoy the sun and heat...while it lasts.  August is slipping away...schools will be opening in a couple of weeks...and that signals summer has come to an end.  

Thanks for stopping by today... check out Between Naps on the Porch blog for  Metamorphosis Monday .
Its where I hang out on Mondays....and again at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday!!



2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, its been really hot here too - for literally weeks and weeks on end of high 20's low 30's. I have serious pool envy! Those little trucks are adorable and the sweater and vest look warm and cozy for walks. Good luck with your shutters and enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! I'm almost ready for fall and cooler temps!! But I don't want to rush these summer days! When we moved here...pools and air conditioning was not the norm....now with hotter days....they are almost a necessity. We are so thankful to enjoy both! Have an awesome week...and I look forward to seeing a gorgeous fall tablescape!!

    ReplyDelete