Followers

Monday, August 8, 2022

Let's Talk Fall

In my world....it seems early...but blogs and vlogs are exploding with fall content.  Even though September can bring beautiful, warm days...September signals fall to me.  It's when schools reopens, tourist shops and accommodation rentals begin to close for the season...and we start to feel the temperatures drop off.  Nights become cooler...and wardrobes begin to shift from breezy tops and shorts....to denims and light jackets...

So here I am...dreaming of cool autumn walks on the trails, warm hoodies and fall decor!  It's creeping it's way....slowly....into the stores here!  Michael's was unpacking a shipment when I was browsing the aisles...and one clerk mentioned they are getting Christmas stock in!  Ya...I'm definately not thinking that far ahead...yet.   Let's ease into the changing seasons a bit slower....

This adorable canvas caught me eye!  Anything pumpkin...add in a wagon....and it hits me right in the feels...



This little stack of books....with the knitted pumpkin...adorable!  I did pick up a couple of small pieces for my tiered tray...


These canisters are awesome...and I look forward to apple picking time!!  


These faux veggies look like the real thing!  I even tapped them to make sure!  These are new to Michaels here this year...



And...as the sign reads....BOGO is on!  I checked out the pumpkins...thinking still of putting together a stack to set on the hearth....but soon discovered....even with BOGO...unless I do two stacks...the cost really doesn't work.  This is one I put together...and the bottom one....was over $50 alone...the next was a bit lower in price...and the smaller one was lower again.
But as is...it would be about $100 or so....and if I added a metal container or basket to set it in...the price is even higher.  Higher than the cost of the one I purchased already put together a few weeks back!   Unless I was purchasing two of each size pumpkin...which I have no need for....it made no sense to take advantage of BOGO....


There were a few already put together...but they were smaller than what I preferred or wanted....



When I saw this metal cauldron at Home Sense...I remembered I wanted one to use at Halloween....but couldn't remember why!  Then it came to me!  Last year...I picked up a bag of clear Christmas tree balls...which I thought would be perfect to arrange in a cauldron...so it looks like a bubbles of something brewing!  I had tried to find one on line....but had no idea of the size I needed....measurements are hard to visualize in my head...so when I saw this one...I knew it was exactly what I needed.  It doesn't have the usual cauldron legs....but I'm okay with that.  I did see one with legs at Michaels....but it was double the price...and a bit larger than I wanted...so this one will work perfectly!


Foxes are something we had an abundance of around our property...it saddens me the population has depleted due to mange outbreak.  We don't see near as many like we used to.  I know Mother Nature has her reasons...but this adorable fox tugged at my heart strings....I'm hopeful the fox population will rebound....


So, with all this fall inspiration everywhere....I've added a few pieces to my stash...it was bound to happen...like this Rae Dunn duo!  Huge crush on these....have no idea yet where I will set them...but I just needed them!



And...introducing Marvin the Mummy!     Did I over pay for him?  Yup.   But do I love him?  Yup.  I was obsessed with him....for weeks.  Til I finally gave in.  I mean...how could I not?   He is adorable and perfect to hold a tea light....or a few orange and black jellybeans in his pumpkin!!  Sold.




And yet...another mummy...and a wax burner as well.   Can never have too many fall wax burners is what I say!!  or mummies!  This guy is from Scentsy.....he will either set on the kitchen counter....or an end table in the family room...




I think our recent heat wave ending has stirred up the feelings of fall!  We had an amazing weekend with our girls & grand daughters....good food...and lots of love & laughter!  And I'm hoping once this cool down is over....we will get back into more hot temperatures.  Today...and for the next twenty four hours...we have a rainfall warning in effect!  As much as we need the rain...it would be nice if it was slow and steady....to give everything a good soaking.

The garden veggies are maturing...potatoes...yellow & green beans....and loads of peas are readily available!


The glass was replaced in the two windows that had broken seals...we dropped them off one day last week in the morning...and by mid afternoon they were ready for pick up.

Liesel has a grooming appointment this week...she had a couple of dips in the pool over the weekend to keep her cooled off...much to her disdain.  She is not a water dog that is certain!

If you get a chance, stop over at Between Naps on the Porch where I hang out for  Metamorphosis Monday .

And on Tuesday....Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday....always great reading and tips on her blog!!

Thanks bunches for hanging out with me a bit today!  Until next time....



4 comments:

  1. So many cute things! Love the fox! I'm ready to start easing out my fall things, our schools start this week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna!! Wonderful to have you stop by!! And I've been busy checking out your amazing blog!! Hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Charlotte - so many temptations - too many to resist! I love the fox too! I'd love to ease into fall but its been so hot here I can't even begin to think about hoodies or sweaters yet! It will come soon enough. Hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of summer and thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our heat wave finally broke Monday...much cooler and rain!! I hope you are enjoying your summer as well! Take care....

    ReplyDelete