Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Marvin the Mummy Has Arrived!!

All fifteen glorious inches of him!!  He is huge...and I am obsessed!!  Just look at those adorable fangs!  I think I'm going to set a candle in his pumpkin...rather than candy we would snack on...still mulling that over.  Is he not so stinking cute??



And while I was meandering about the aisles at Michaels....(BOGO was on)...I spotted these cuties.  They officially weren't on BOGO....but the clerk rang them in as BOGO.... I got two for the price of one!

I have vowed not to pick up any more Hallowe'en decor...until I sort through my totes and reacquaint myself with what I have.

Doesn't mean I can't continue to browse though.  Although there must be an abundance of others who are buying it up....as things are flying off the shelves!  First thing I'm crushing on is this enamel cast iron baking dish...it is a generous size...and I love the creamy white....



And these pieces (I set them up like this)....rolled quickly out the door at Home Sense.  Wouldn't it be fun to be a stylist in a home decor store?  I'd do it free...I kind of already do.  Not sure they appreciate my talents....but whatever....


This piece was so heavy....I could barely lift it!  Considered it for our mantel...pretty certain it would fit...but need to measure...this is one solid wood piece....


An this stack of pumpkins is a solid weight as well...again...solid wood...has that primitive feel to it...



And just EEK!!  This piece is awesome...and would be perfect for sitting on a porch step....he is a generous size...


And I took notice of this wooden trunk....very similar to the one I use for a coffee table...the storage is awesome.  I purchased mine at Wicker Emporium...a few years back.  I went in to get it...as it was advertised on sale...only to discover it was no longer on sale.

And the owner would not budge & allow me to purchase it at the sale price.  Disappointed I left...browsed a couple more shops....and discovered I'd left my car keys on the counter....at Wicker Emporium.  Upon retrieving them...the owner saw me....and decided to allow me to purchase the trunk....for the sale price.   It was meant to be...had I not gone in for my keys....I wouldn't have it!!

This one is a bit more lightweight than mine...but still a great piece all the same....




I think I'm fall decor shopped out...but don't hold me to that!  I'm attempting to move on...and we have tickets...for a production of A Christmas Carol at a theatre in North Rustico....a resort community not too far from us.  Tickets were selling fast...happy we ordered ours in time.  It's a small theatre...and does not seat many.....we've seen a couple of productions pre-Covid....



Showers in the forecast for the next couple of days...then back into hot temperatures for a few days.  This is Old Home Week....a week long carnival, horse racing and huge parade on Friday...which signals to Islanders...summer has ended.  Like someone turns a light switch....and the days and nights cool off significantly....

So much so...they pushed the festivities back one week to keep the summer momentum going.  This is the first time since Covid it is being held again.  We had planned to take grand baby to the parade....but she has an immunization appointment at the same time....priorities....

Hope you have an awesome week where you are!  I'm happy to stopped by to spend a bit of time with me.   Until next time....















No comments:

Post a Comment