Followers

Friday, August 12, 2022

The Sassenach!!

If that is familiar to you....then you are my peeps!  Or an Outlander (obsessed) fan like me!!  The main male character in the series....has developed a blended Scottish whisky.  And it has never been available in Canada!  

Look what I have!  A bottle of The Sassenach whisky....in my home!  For me!!  My future son-in-law...(is there a time frame for that term...as it's been a minute since their engagement occurred.  Sorry....off track.)  The whisky is available in the UK where he is from....and he hand delivered a bottle to me!!  

I just want to admire it for a while!  Mr. Seventies & I are going to break the seal in October....for our 39th wedding anniversary.  *swoon*

We've had a dachshund decanter....filled with Cognac...for about 12 years that we've never opened!!  Maybe at Christmas?

We've had rain off and on all week...so no pool time!  At least the heat wave has ended...I suspect our hot days are over....but one never knows!

I found a gorgeous fall wreath for the front door!  At a good price as well....at where else...Home Sense...beautiful orange hydrangea!  

I won't hang it until September though....in my mind...it's still summer...


And a three pack of dish towels....can never have too many of them!  The front one I will display...and the other two I'll likely tuck away....as I have my "everyday" dish towels in a drawer...


Let's really push the seasons here!  But when you spot a good deal...you have to jump quickly.  I love me a pair of Ugg winter boots...but most are not waterproof!  But these ones are!!  And are so soft and cozy on the inside...


The soles are rubber...which gives better traction than non rubber soles...a must for this old gal!  I modelled them for Mr. Seventies....during the heat wave..wearing a bathing suit....he thought I'd lost my mind...hahaha....


Today I'm meeting my friend for lunch...and to give her the dragon fly I picked up!  She is a dragon fly fan....more so than me...and we've had dozens of them zipping around here!  And bees...endless buzzing bees I'm happy to say!  

Mr. Seventies & I were strolling around the gardens one evening....mindful of the hard working bees...and just look at this hydrangea blossom!  (there are three blossoms).  Simply stunning.  And only took 15 years to bloom....worth the wait...


This was as close as we could get to the Phlox (I had to zoom in)...how gorgeous are they?  My gardener is an amazing guy!!  Good thing I married him, right?


And on a more personal note...we have embarked on a "Wellness Journey"....(we are calling it).  We've had an amazing summer....eating willy nilly...too many sweets...and it's catching up with us.  Mr. Seventies has been having some real issues...(his heart is great...already been checked out)....but has stomach issues.  99.9% diet related.  Something had to change....

And me?  I've packed on waaaay too much weight...and have Type 2 diabetes, two coronary stents...and I won't bore you with the rest.  I haven't tested my blood sugars in months...(supposed to be done daily).  I bit the bullet and tested....and my levels are still within acceptable range!  I don't require medication...yet.  And want to keep it that way.  And will continue to test every day!

I was shocked...but so relieved.  It was definately a wake up call....for both of us.  Our health care system here is in a crisis...so we are trying to avoid two things.  Not getting sick or dying.  Because it is scary if either of those happen and you require medical attention!  

We are trying foods we've never eaten before...preparing our meals carefully, watching portions, drinking lots of water....and walking most evenings.  

I'll update from time to time as we move forward.  We are both committed....and once we make up our minds....we are pretty steadfast.  Here's hoping....

Home Sense was putting our fall decor...one clerk told me it's been sitting in the store room since July!  Girl...let me back there to shop!

Have an awesome weekend...and thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment