Followers

Friday, May 11, 2018

A Mother's Love

Wishing all Moms and Grandmothers a beautiful Happy Mother's Day!!

Mother's Day has been a day of mixed emotions for me...partly joy because I love my girls more than life...and sadness because I lost my Mom, very suddenly at age 62 to heart attack in 1985.  I was a young Mom myself in my 20's.  It was total devastation... there is no way to prepare for that kind of loss...she was my rock.  A retired school teacher...she loved her children..and her "adopted' children...her students.  There is not a day goes by that I don't miss her....still.

I have suffered a number of losses in my life...my Dad and two siblings.  But nothing prepares you for the loss of a child.

My oldest daughter, Ann Marie lost her battle with ovarian cancer in August 2016.  There is no pain that compares to watching your child struggle so courageously only to lose the fight.  My only comfort is that she is at peace, tucked safely in the arms of her beloved grand mother (and name sake).

I crawled out of the depths of depression after her death...forever grateful that this old world keeps turning...life goes on.  And I am so thankful that it does..and that I was able to see the love and light in the faces of my surviving daughters...Sarah and Deanna and my beloved husband.  For they have given me reason to go on living and loving life.

We celebrated a beautiful union in 2017...when Deanna married her soul mate, Nathan.  A more loving, devoted couple you will never find.  They have many years of love and happiness ahead of them.


My beautiful girls...


Mother's Day carries a sense of joy and loss.  We plan to enjoy an afternoon of love, laughter and good food this Mother's Day!  

Hug your children a little tighter this Mother's Day for there is no greater joy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment