Followers

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Having a "Me" Day!!

Yesterday, I had a "me" day!  And it was wonderful...not that I did anything earth shattering...but I spent the whole afternoon on me.

I mentioned how disappointed I was with the Mephisto walking shoes I purchased...and that left me still needing a comfortable pair of something for walking.  My current pair are Saucony...and I'm not dissing the brand..they just don't work for me.  I walk on the ball of my foot...which causes great pain and soreness.  Thinking orthotics might help...I saw a podiatrist over a year ago..and forced myself to wear orthotics when I walked.  Then I started having terrible knee pain...and as much as I wanted to blame the orthotics..x rays revealed arthritis.  But I am convinced the orthotics irritated my knee terribly, so I stopped using them.

So began the hunt for something comfortable I could wear.  Yesterday, I popped into a local shoe store...and the moment I put on a pair of Sketchers with memory foam inserts...I was in heaven.  And the ridge of the shoe is high enough not to rub on one side of my foot....which the Saucony did.  I walked with Liesel this morning...and my feet were in heaven.  Score!!

The next thing I did, after leaving the shoe store was go to my hair appointment.  Gone are the frizzled too blonde for me locks...and hello to shorter natural gray with darker highlights.  Took about 10 years off my face I've been told!  That is so nice to hear!  Now, if it could take 10 years off the rest of me...heheheh.  Love my shorter cut...much easier to wash and go!

Then...I went to my favourite optical and ordered new eyewear!  Pretty navy frames...stylish and super comfortable.  They will be ready in about five days.

And remember the newly purchased barbecue?  It appears it is going on sale tomorrow...$60 cheaper!  The store told me to drop in with our receipt and they will do a price adjustment.  Pays to deal with local companies!

And my lamb print arrived.....adorable or what?


Still waiting for the new bedding to arrive...the tracking number only give you info on the US side...nothing when the package arrived in Canada.   Annoying...but this happened last time as well.  I contacted Bed Bath and Beyond and they will send a new tracking #.




No comments:

Post a Comment