Followers

Monday, May 28, 2018

Introducing Clara...


Isn't she beautiful?  Isn't she lovely?  And I luv her!!  While out shopping with my daughter,  I spotted her, and after leaving her behind in the shop a few months ago...decided it was time to bring her home.  And yes...I have a thing for cows.  No....I have never been on a farm...ever.  Just love cows.   She is a very large piece...painted on slats of wood and framed.   Thoroughly enjoying her. 

Found a pretty mat for the front steps as well...will look even better when the steps are stained.  Ordered tall, solar candles on Amazon to put in the lanterns....waiting for them to arrive.   Mr. Seventies spent the weekend spreading topsoil in the gardens...a few cubic yards of black mulch will be ordered as well. 



I needed to run to Wal Mart to pick up batteries...and was so thoroughly saddened at the state of our local store.  So much so, I took a couple of pics.   This is the "Home Decor" Section...and this is what it is like all the time....


Looking for a new lamp or shade?  Good luck with that!  Sad, sad selection and display. 


I was advised to fill out a comment card at the "Courtesy" desk...but there no cards to be found.  Since Wal Mart began selling groceries...the remainder of the store has been ignored.  And with Target and Sears closing a few months ago...all I can say is thank heavens for on line shopping!!

Yesterday we removed the slipcovers from the family room furniture...they are freshly laundered, pressed & back on.  Thankfully, my front load machines can handle very large loads.  I considered sending them to the cleaners again...but if dropped off on Monday...they are not ready until Thursday after 4 pm.  And I prefer not to have the furniture go uncovered for that long.  

In other news, tomorrow I'm having invasive oral surgery (oh yay)...under sedation (best for the me and the surgeon...:).   Wish me luck!!  

The pool company is hopefully advising today when they will be coming to do the repairs...not that it will be pool weather in the coming days.  Hope this is not a pattern of weather for the summer!  





No comments:

Post a Comment