Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Guest Bedroom In Progress

Our seventies guest bedroom is a work in progress...albeit slow progress.  The colour of the bedroom was chosen in memory of my beloved sister...she lost her battle with lung cancer in February 2016.  Growing up in a small railroad village in New Brunswick, we shared a bedroom for many years.  And our bedroom was painted lilac..it seemed fitting to use that colour in this room...she visited us often.

Pat was my only sister...the last member of my family (besides me).  She was an amazing Mom to my nephew and teacher of children with special needs.  The quilt on the bed was loving stitched by a group of ladies who sew them to comfort cancer patients...and my nephew presented it to me as a keepsake.  Another reason lilac was chosen as a wall colour.




And of course, a bit of whimsy....to celebrate her love of laughter and sense of humour. 




I still need to add "soft" touches to the bedroom...a new night table and lamp....and a few pretty things.  The room is small.....but will be on the look out for just the right things!





No comments:

Post a Comment