Followers

Monday, October 29, 2018

A Visit To the Woolen Mill

As mentioned in an earlier post, Mr. Seventies & I spent a day playing "tourist" and visiting MacAusland Woollen Mill located about an hour and a half from us.

The mill is family owned...originally a saw mill in 1870 and in 1902 they began to produce yarn  and thirty years later...producing beautiful woollen blankets.  When we first moved to PEI, we lived a few kilometres from the mill...but never stopped in.  As a newly wed...money was tight and we had to be frugal.  As years passed by, we had purchased beautiful blankets as wedding gifts for family and friends.


I took a few minutes and admired the gorgeous colours of blankets and throws...these candy striped blankets were so pretty!!


There were many throw size blankets...you could either chose plaid or plain....prices were exceptional...$50 for plain or $56 for plaid....


And a variety of knitted hats, mitts and toys...


Nothing warmer than hand knit socks!! 


I chose this gorgeous plaid throw (and picked up another as a gift)....



I asked Mr. Seventies to pull over so I could capture a photo of this tree...covered with hanging buoys!  Have never seen that before...nor do I know the reason for buoys in a tree!!  


We had a great day touring about western PEI!  And stopped in to my favourite junk shop in Summerside...that's another post for another day.  

Today we celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary!!  Where have the years gone?  Mr. Seventies gifted me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and gift cards to my favourite shops.  He knows me too well!!    We plan to go out to dinner some evening this week!  He needed a new speed drill (romantic...I know...but it's 35 years folks)...and I ordered a sweatshirt from the university he attended and graduated all those years ago!  He was pretty happy with his gifts too!!



Off to the mainland today with my BFF!  Have an awesome day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment