Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Eventful Road Trip!!

So, yesterday my BFF and I took a road trip to the mainland.  Usually, we take her SUV and I do the driving.  But she noticed a leak coming from her vehicle (thankfully in her driveway)...and discovered her gas tank had a leak.  And Mr. Seventies needed our vehicle...so that left my friend's second vehicle...which is an old clunker her husband drives.  Oh my...I was very hesitant to head out on the highway with this tug boat...as the driver door would fail to close sometimes...every warning light that could be on the dash was lit up...and it drives like a wandering tank.

But I said a quick prayer for safe travel...and we got away about 20 minutes late.  Although the weather here was calling for a lovely day...when we reached the other side of the Confederation Bridge it began to rain....and it rained all day!

We made it safely (and slowly) to our destination and after her appointment and a delicious lunch at a local restaurant...it was time to browse a few of our favourite shops!!  Oh my..the beautiful Christmas home decor was amazing!!!   There were so many gorgeous framed Christmas prints...



So many red truck prints to choose from!!  *swoon*


These adorable snowmen....were on clearance...$9.99 each...I picked up these two!!


Mr. Seventies would have gotten a chuckle from this sign!! He might know someone like that!!  


Love these little wooden plates...perfect for leaving cookies out for Santa!!



Another beautiful framed print...wish I had room for them all!!


Right next door to this shop....is Pier 1!  My all time favourite store..keeping my fingers crossed one opens up here in Charlottetown!

Oh, so much gorgeous Christmas goodness!  Beautiful dinner and tableware!  Notice the adorable dachshund?s  One on the roof of the red truck on this plate!



Another beautiful pattern...and a sweet doxie in a Santa hat!!


Even place mats, napkins and runners were available!! 



And a few other dachshund goodies!! An adorable candy dish!


I picked up a package of these cute napkins...great for use next summer!


Were it not for my huge collection of plush dachshunds...this cute little guy would have come home with me!!



And the item I am most excited about..this top hat tree topper!! Last year I searched and searched everywhere for one...to no avail!!  I even tried online to find one.  Nada!  Pier 1 had two in stock...I was thrilled to get one for our tree this year!!  They also had a huge selection of tree picks...but I have quite an assortment of picks...so I had to restrain myself.


Next we visited Mod Choc...a home decor and fashion store.  Keep this store in mind...as it comes back into play later in this post!  We were a bit disappointed the store had very little in Christmas home decor...only one little section of ornaments...


As it was now mid afternoon...we decided to wrap up our day with a stop at Costco (for my BFF)...and while she was fighting the masses there...I decided to check out Home Sense.  And it was there I discovered....I had lost my cell phone!!!

Anyone who has experienced losing their phone....knows the panic that sets in!  I was convinced I had it sitting on my purse in the cart!!  I began frantically looking in every aisle...when these two awesome ladies offered to call my phone...perhaps we could hear it ringing.  But...we heard nothing and the phone went to voice mail.  Not to be deterred...she dialled my number again....and a woman answered it!!!  

Now...one important factor in this equation...is there is a language barrier!!  There are mostly french speaking folks in Moncton...and the woman who answered my phone...was very difficult to understand.  But she was able to answer my question...where was she with my phone?  At the customer service desk at Mod Choc!!!  I told her I'd be right there to retrieve it!!

I was so thankful to the two ladies who helped me!  In the meantime, my friend is texting me like mad asking me where I was...lol!!  I went to Costco to let her know the situation and I would be going to pick up my phone and be back to pick her up!!  There must have been hundreds in Costco...not an exaggeration...it was a zoo!!  I don't understand the draw to Costco...but Mr. Seventies and I are empty nesters...so a 45 gallon drum of peanut butter does not appeal to us!!

With that...we decided it was time for these two old gals to head for home!!  The clunker got us safely back on the Island. 

And we get to do it all again in November!!!  Can't wait!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment