Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Christmas As The Station


Christmas At The Station is an event that takes place at the train station in my little home town in New Brunswick...and on my bucket list to take in!!  Mr. Seventies suggested we attend this year....book accommodations in a nearby city.  This is such a bittersweet situation...as my extended family have all passed away.  There is nothing but memories to connect me to "home".





I grew up a mere few houses away from the train station...my Dad was a locomotive engineer...and most of my youth was spent at this amazing lunch counter in the train station!  Hours and hours were spent here...hanging out with friends..enjoying delicious burgers and fries!!  Sadly, my parents and brother are laid to rest in the cemetery close by.


A couple of years ago, my sister (who still resided there) and I had planned to attend Christmas At the Station...even had the tickets purchased.  But sadly she had been diagnosed with lung cancer that summer...and by early fall was not healthy enough to attend.  I still have those tickets....tucked away for safe keeping.   She passed away three months following this event in February 2016,  

Anyways, I didn't mean for this post to get all heavy hearted..but each year when Christmas At The Station rolls around...it's a huge tug on my heart strings.  I think if I attended it may bring a bit of closure to a past life, I have not been back since losing my sister.   

Christmas At The Station...I am strongly considering attending next month.  


No comments:

Post a Comment