Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Out and About

I happened to pop into the mall the other day...and that rarely happens.  There are only a couple of stores I visit in our local mall...and this is one that pops up every few months before Christmas.  Last year I was searching for replacement bulbs for our outdoor tree lights...and this was the only place that carried them!!  Most light sets now are LED...and we have the regular string of lights we use outside.



I decided to stop in and browse the store....these beautiful very large church pieces caught my eye. 


I've never seen these before.  It's a large slipper that holds numerous pairs of slippers...such a great idea for house parties...so your guests keep their toes nice & toasty! 


And when I came across these lanterns...I literally held my breath!  They are the exact ones I ordered (from Giant Tiger) and received last week.  Of course, I had to check them out and the sticker price shocked me!!  $59.99

That's $30 more than I paid for mine!!  Go figure!!  It sure does pay to shop around!!  And this is suppose to be a "discount" store.




I needed to stop into Canadian Tire...as hubby needs a certain hand tool...and our anniversary is next week...so no better time than that to gift him with it.  And look who is back in the Christmas decor section!!  It took all my restraint not to purchase him.  See....I saw him last year..and have been crushing on him big time ever since!  Two things prevented me from purchasing him....firstly was the price...crazy expensive.  Like over $200!  Secondly....where on earth do I store him the other 11 months of the year!!  But...oh I so adore him....



And a red Christmas tree?  I guess anything goes now.  My niece has a black tree...but she lives in a modern condo in a large city...it suits her home and personal style perfectly!  And this red one wasn't cheap...$259.99!!


I popped into Home Sense for a quick visit....how adorable are these doxies?  I did not pick one up...I have a huge assortment of plush dachshunds already...but these certainly are cute.


Mr. Seventies mentioned a road trip to MacAusland's Woolen Mill tomorrow....I've been wanting to go for quite some time.   The mill is located in Bloomfield, PEI...it's a couple of hours drive...but we will take Liesel and play tourists.   MacAusland's Mill produce the most amazing wool blankets and throws.  A great time to do some Christmas shopping!







No comments:

Post a Comment