Followers

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

9 Mondays Til Spring!!

Well...not really.  Spring is just a day on the calendar here....we've had snow storms in May in previous years!  And speaking of snow...I think it either flurried or snowed most of last week....with some high winds thrown in enough to be called storms.

I'm repurposing my Christmas wreath and added a small sunflower filled bird feeder and suet cake for our feathered friends.  Mr. Seventies hung it on the pool deck wall...so I can watch from the kitchen window and see if any birds come to visit.  This is the north side of the house...a difficult spot to find a sheltered spot for feeders.....



We have a couple of feeders and suet balls hanging in the thick Yew tree at the front of the house....which is a perfect spot for birds and squirrels to hang out during storms....providing protection from the elements.  We can see movement in the tree and lots of activity most days....


Warm summer pool days seem so far off when everything is covered in snow...


Yes....there is a pool under all that snow....


I needed to pick up a replacement bulb for the light in the microwave/vent range....it requires two and one had burned out...the outdoor temp was -15 degrees Celsius according to the thermometer in the SUV when I took this photo....on my way to Home Depot...


Found just what I needed....and picked up a couple to have an extra one on hand....


Mr. Seventies is going to be painting my vanity when the weather warms up......


We won't be using Fusion paint this time...as I want a satin finish...as opposed to a matte finish.  The mirror comes off quite easily...and once the vanity is wiped down with TSP and water to remove likely years of furniture polish...he will give it a light sanding and a coat of BIN primer....(since he is using a primer...it should be used in a ventilated area...once warmer weather arrives...he can open a window).   




Depending on how the drawer hardware looks once the vanity is painted, I will decide if I want to spray paint them or leave them as is.  And I want the casters removed....

This paint chip looks like a bleached out white in the photo...but it's a creamy white...Delicate Lace by Behr....just one I saw that I liked....it may not be the one I choose...but the colour will be along the same lines....



It will brighten and freshen up my vanity....which I was told is from the 1940's....

And how cute is baby girl's newest onesie?  A local gal here puts the "Made in PEI" saying on the front...I picked up the 9-12 months size.


That's about all the news from this area of our little frozen Island...very cold windchills today...Liesel and I will be snuggled up by the fire most of the day...while Mr, Seventies is working on a total house redo...indoors thankfully & our neighbour needs help this evening replacing their over the range microwave.  

Stay warm everyone!!


Linking up over at Between Naps On The Porch




No comments:

Post a Comment