Followers

Monday, January 6, 2020

Freshen Up The Master Bedroom

Now that Christmas is over and all the decorations, inside and out are packed up and stored until next November...it was time to turn my attention to the master bedroom.  Over the weekend I washed and put away my dachshund Christmas quilt and faux fur comforter set.

If you remember from a few weeks ago, I ordered a beautiful Matelasse coverlet...which btw...does not come with matching shams.  Gotta read the fine print!  Nonetheless..this coverlet is huge...although it is queen size....it would fit a king bed beautifully as well.  I paired it with my Waverly comforter and shams...which is one of my favourite sets.  I picked up a set of Turkish flannel sheets....as I had never owned a set.  And they do not disappoint....they are so soft and warm...and wash and dry perfectly...which only makes them softer.....


I had considered briefly adding a set of white Euro pillows and shams....and I may yet...Home Sense has some beautiful ones in store right now.  I took the opportunity to give the room a thorough cleaning...vaccuming and steam cleaning the hardwood floors, wiping down mouldings and windows shutters....


Daughter and I were out and about over the weekend thrifting, enjoying a lunch date and checking out the sales at Michaels....

Remember the BATH sign?  It was on BOGO....since I didn't need two...daughter chose a large EAT sign for her kitchen area to use up my "free" item.....(I forgot to get a photo of it...I will once it is hung in her home).   Can you believe this sign was $49.99!!    No way I would have spent that....but since we got two items for that price...I could justify spending it....well...using a gift card!!



We both had a chuckle at this mat at Winners....and only $12.00!


I scored a pretty little jewellery box at one thrift store...it fits right into the area on our dresser...my other box is massive....and it's not like I have a lot of treasured heirloom jewellery!



I ordered a few new things for the house...I'll update on those tomorrow.  Liesel is having dental cleaning/surgery today...so will soon drop her off at our vet clinic.  Fingers crossed all goes ok....she gets one done yearly.  

Have an awesome Monday everyone!!








2 comments:

  1. Love the way you freshened up your bed room. Your floral coverlet is beautiful and the birdie pillow cover adds charm to the whole setting. Happy 2020 and enjoy your season. Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crystal Grandeur!!! Wishing you a Happy & Healthy 2020 as well! Come back anytime!!

    ReplyDelete