Followers

Friday, January 3, 2020

Nursery Update

Before showing off updated nursery photos...I am thrilled and relieved to report everything is moving along wonderfully with new grand baby.  The ultra sound revealed all is well...a huge relief to her parents and family.  Her current weight is 2.2 lbs. which is more than her Daddy weighed at birth!  His was an emergency arrival at the IWK (same children's hospital they've visited twice)...and he grew into such a strong, loving guy!  And she is about the size of a large head of lettuce...(you know I checked them out in the produce section!!)....

The nursery has been tweaked just a bit....cannot wait for the doxie mural to be painted next month!  In the meantime....we all know doxies love bunnies!!  When I saw them a second time in the store...I took that as a sign...they were meant to be hers.....



Her Mama decided to "fancy" up her dresser and switched out the wooden drawer pulls for pretty crystal ones....I'm crushing on that adorable trolly....



Two of my favourite things....dachshunds and tutus!!!    Adorable....


We tucked this onesie in one of her Daddy's Christmas gifts...a nod to him and her Grampie's love of craft beer!  They both enjoy trying the different flavours and varieties....while she will have the house white!!  Simply adorbs!


Daughter ordered the arm for the mobile from Amazon.....and it works beautifully!!


Friends gifted them with this beautiful baby book!  It's going to be fun putting in all her "firsts".....keeping record of milestones....such a thoughtful gift!


We took stock of her wardrobe and it was decided she needed a few more of the nightgowns....now I used these on my babies...and loved them!!  So easy for diaper changes...and she has numerous pairs of little socks to keep her toes nice and warm!  I ordered these pretty Carter ones.....


And I couldn't resist this adorable onesie......I was dubbed Mimi by my first grand daughter, Dana....now a student at NSCC!!   Wow!!  So this little t shirt is fitting....



Her rocking chair is waiting for lots of loving cuddles.....with a basket of soft blankets and swaddles close by....


In other news...my old crock pot has died!  May she rest in piece....she has served us well!  I found this one at Wal Mart.....but since it was $18 cheaper on Amazon...and free shipping....I ordered one...and the colour is awesome!  


Yesterday I spent washing and drying the furniture slipcovers!  And will never do them myself again!  Way too much work....drying and then pressing....which is when I discovered my iron was spewing brown crap....it's been donated for use when Mr, Seventies and Paul need a warm iron for laminate edges and such things.

My clothes steamer was called into action....but next time...the covers will go to the laundry place....they have the equipment for cleaning and pressing!  The only drawback is the time frame....the covers are gone 4-5 days.  But I'll suck it up for having them do the job!!
And now I'm in need of a new iron!!  Remember the old heavy, non plastic ones?  Those were the best!  I'm going to do some searching and see what I can find!!

Have a great weekend all!!  My gift cards are burning holes in my wallet...so may need to do some serious retail therapy today!!








No comments:

Post a Comment