Followers

Monday, January 13, 2020

Odds & Ends..and Things that Make Me Say Hmmmm....

Crazy weekend weather wise here....Saturday was really mild...lots of snow melted.  Then yesterday we had freezing rain, ice pellets and snow!  The snow has the texture of brown sugar....if you can imagine that.  I've decided to stay put at home today...our driveway is a crusty mess...and I don't need to be somewhere that important today.

So, remember the cute jacket I ordered....this one. (down and water fowl filled)  Over the weekend...it was reduced an additional $20.  Since it was already on sale...the store will not do a price adjustment. And how can a jacket that sells for $199. now be reduced in price to $30.?  And you can be assured they are still making a profit.    Hmmmm....


I reordered it at the lower sale price...and when the more expensive one arrives....I will send it back.  Returns are free shipping.  Another hmmmm....when ordering you had the option to ship to the store free....and pick it up.  They have discontinued that practice....and you now have to order $99 in merchandise to qualify for free shipping.  Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face....it means that I will definately be ordering less....moving on....

And look what arrived from the UK!!  Safe and sound...it's called a cheese dish!!


Love it!  And it looks beautiful in my cabinet....


You would not believe the great quality of my new iron!  (who gets excited about an iron, right?). Apparently, I do.  This one, from Black and Decker reminds me of the irons in the "old" days....it's a great weight...the cord is very supple and does not wind or tangle.  I don't iron that much....but when I do,  I want a great iron to work with.  This one is perfect....from Amazon btw.


And baby girl's nighties arrived....so adorable....and small!  These are 0-3 months...she will likely grow out of them pretty fast!!  I thought at first I perhaps had ordered Preemie size by mistake...but they are 0-3 months....Mama has them now to wash and add to our little one's sleep wear drawer....



Turning thoughts to summer and warmer days...I've been searching for a comfortable pair of Espadrilles....I ordered these ones...and will see how they fit and feel...these are cute with anything...capris, shorts, sun dress...


Well, it's definately not safe for me to be stuck home in a snow storm...shopping from home just works for me!

Not sure if you remember the red knitted throw I ordered...it arrived a week or so ago...it is gorgeous!  It's folded in the basket in the master bedroom...close at hand.  

I'm going to stay tucked in by the fire....Mr. Seventies and Paul are working today.  Even Paul's 4 wheel drive truck had a hard time in his driveway with the compacted ice and snow.    

Have a great day wherever you are today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment