Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

My Newest Obsession

No it's not home decor....or clothes (well maybe clothes) ...I have discovered cold coffee!!  Starbucks and Tim Hortons have been selling iced coffees and cappuccinos for ages...but since I've never been a coffee drinker and these drinks are laced with sugars...I don't purchase them.

I stumbled upon a product at the grocery store, in the health food cooler that really piqued my interest.  I decided what the heck and purchased a bottle...since Mr. Seventies would likely drink it in the event I didn't care for it.  The dairy manager (even though this is not a dairy product per say) stated it's a very popular product and customers really enjoy it.   It comes in different flavours (pumpkin spice being one....blech)...but Mocha sounded delish to me.  It's a mocha almond coffee beverage!!  Sounds too good to be true!!


I was looking for a specific drinking mug....and this glass mason jar mug....with a straw was exactly what I was needing!!


I put in some ice cubes, filled the mug about 3/4 full....and gave it a taste test!!  Yup...my newest obsession!  I luv it!  And the best part the sugar content is acceptable (for those, like me who require diabetic friendly food and drinks).  I'll limit myself to one drink per day.  I still like my tea....but prefer it hot...have never cared for iced tea.  But iced coffee....it's now my jam!!!

While I was out searching for my mug....it's bunny season in the stores....with Easter coming up...and my love of all things with floppy ears....who doesn't love a trio of them??



I'm crushing hard on these lamps....they are awesome!!  Wish I had a spot for them!!


And it appears my clothes shopping continues....when winter clothing is marked down 70% it's pretty hard to pass up....this chunky cardigan along with the cap...too nice not to order....


A couple of cosy sweaters...always welcome during our winter months...with a "weather bomb" being on watch for this weekend.....




And no I don't need another coat...but I love this plaid one...and the reviews are amazing...so I want to at least try it....the belt is not included...which is fine...I prefer no belt...it does have buttons for closure...


And a cute beanie to co-ordinate with it..


Any wonder I dream of having a huge walk in closet?  Not like I need it or anything.  Unless an item doesn't fit or the fabric or style is not to my liking....I usually keep most of what I order.  There has been a couple of times when something arrives...and it is not suitable.

I'm sure most of you are aware of monthly clothing subscription boxes.  I decided to try one (located in Canada)...and my first shipment has been a no show!  The tracking number shows it was delivered January 21, 2020...but I've never received it.  I visited our local postal outlet to confirm the shipment wasn't sitting in their back room...and since the box would not fit in our community mail box...I have no idea where it was delivered.  It's gone rogue folks!

Now there is a road which runs parallel to ours....same name...with the exception of "Lower" in our address....but mail gets mixed up from time to time.  It's not usually a problem...we just write a correction (since it's usually envelopes) and slip it back into the outgoing mail.  Occasionally though, I have had a Canada Post van bring packages and leave on our door step.  But this has not happened here with this box.  

The company has been awesome to deal with and has opened an investigation with Canada Post (apparently CP can track packages via GPS in delivery vehicles...so they are able to tell where and when the package was supposedly delivered on January 21st).   If that proves fruitless, the company has advised they will offer me a full refund...and I am very relieved.  To be continued...

That's all for today....temps are dropping and cold windchills in the forecast again!  Bundle up!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment