Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

It Comes In Threes

I mentioned the other day about my iron spewing brown crud...while I was pressing the furniture slip covers!  Ya...not a great time for that to happen.  I've always not liked (hate is a strong word) that iron...it was too light...and the cord kept wrapping around...no matter how many times I untangled it.  So, it found a new home in contractor Paul's arsenal of goodies...he & Mr. Seventies use warm irons on laminate strips and whatever else they need them for.   One of their irons quit....so I donated mine to the cause.

I wish they made irons like they did in the good old days....the heavy ones, with great long cords...and they heated up really well.  Well...those days are gone...but I'm hoping this reproduction one fits my needs.  I'll know if I like the weight and feel....will give my thoughts when it arrives.


Since my crockpot is older than dirt and not really working as well as it should..I went ahead and ordered a beautiful new one from Amazon.  I think I mentioned....it was much cheaper there than at Wal Mart.  It arrived yesterday..and I cannot wait to use it!  Which will be today....as I plan to use it for meatballs and sauce!


It's a 4 quart oval size....which is perfect for us.  I've had an oval one before....but it was huge and great for when our family was larger....but too big for use with two people.  I'm crushing hard too on the red!  


And lastly, I'm suspect my beloved electric blanket may be on the way out.  It still warms up...but doesn't appear to be distributing heat evenly....there are cold spots.  We've had it for a number of years, so it doesn't owe us anything.  In years past...we went through three Sunbeam heated blankets and two electric throws.....and they continually quit working.  Frustration sent me to read some reviews and it appeared I wasn't alone...it was a common theme. I decided on Biddeford brand and have been extremely happy over the years.....until lately.

After Christmas Bed Bath & Beyond put them on sale....but the Biddeford model in queen size was out of stock.  I signed up for email alerts...and was notified when they came in stock ....and at an unbelievable sale price!!  The one I ordered is sherpa lined....two controls....as I like my size really warm...Mr. Seventies not so much...cannot wait for it to arrive!

Liesel did awesome at her dental cleaning yesterday. I picked her up late afternoon..she had a bite to eat and snuggled in for the evening...so all is well.  It is worth the effort and expense to keep her mouth healthy and clean and other than needing two small teeth removed a few years ago that were crowding out a couple of very important molars...she has never had any problems.  Our vet commented yesterday it was the right decision to remove them.  Dachshunds are prone to periodontal disease....so we brush and have yearly dental cleanings. 

Little bit of messy weather  and wind coming tomorrow....so will get out and about today!  Whatever your plans are...have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment