Followers

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Snowy Weather!!

We had a dumping of snow on the Island yesterday....20-30 cm was forecasted...I'd dare say we got a bit more.  The winds really didn't pick up until overnight...cleanup will be today.  Liesel is so short...Mr. Seventies was required to do a bit of shovelling for her.  We have an excellent guy hired to clean out the driveway.  There are dozens of individuals who have started up snow removal businesses...not with plows...but large farm tractors with huge blower attachments.

We pull the car up close to the house and he is able to blow the driveway clean right up to it....depending on the wind it either gets blown to the right or left of the drive.  He comes very early morning....and comes back 2-3 times during the day and will remove the snow the road plows push into our driveway.   Such is life....in winter....in PEI!!  When I was out with Liesel...I snapped a couple of photos....


These were taken mid morning...not much had accumulated at that time....this is the poor tree that lost a huge limb when post tropical storm Dorian blew through....


While it was blowing and snowing outside....Liesel and I stayed snuggled up close to the wood pellet stove and did some bargain shopping.  I'm finally going to give booties a try...these ones have a chunky heel which I really like (no stilettos for this old gal).....love the leopard print...and the foot soles have memory foam...I'm hoping they are comfortable.  I'll keep you posted when they arrive.



I struggle to find a jacket that isn't heavy or bulky or too warm to wear when I'm out and about...I usually end up putting my jacket in my cart.....or leaving it in the car altogether.  This one is 95% down and 5% waterfowl feathers...lightweight...and not a lot of weight...but should be warm.  And I luv, luv, luv the colour!!  And it's on sale-half price!!  Really cute sherpa lined collar too!!


And these killer jeans!  I struggle with "mid rise" jeans....I have a long torso...and these ones are high waisted...so I'm anxious to see how they fit.  Fingers crossed...I live in jeans so they gotta be comfortable...


Can I just take a minute and vent about Canada Post Super Boxes?  And how much they are a pain in the ass to use sometimes?  Like yesterday for instance...I was notified three items were delivered.  The postal driver will put them in one of four of the larger slots for parcels...then put a key to open that slot in our mail box.  So...the key was bent...I mean....really bent.  And would not fit properly to open the slot!  Mr. Seventies and Paul just happened to come along and tried to help....and the key snapped off!!  Ugh!!!  This happens more times than I can count...either the keys are old and so rusted they break....or they get bent in the cold.  

I put the key in an envelope and wrote "Key Broken" to drop into the return mail slot!  I do this...because more times than not...they will see the parcels not picked up...and put the same key back in our mail box!!  Unless they are made aware there is an issue!   There are three items waiting to be retrieved....the new clothes iron, a small clothes order and the nightgowns for the new grand baby.

Oh and there is no set time for our mail delivery....I can received notification on a Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m that something has been delivered.  Or 4:49 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon!  So prefer Courier services!

Ok...rant over.  Will have to see today if there is a new key for wherever they move my parcels to.  Not going to venture too far today....give the city and road plows time to clean up and move snow around!

Another messy system forecast for the weekend!   Gotta love winter!!  And make the best of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment