Followers

Monday, August 20, 2018

Odds and Ends

Happy Monday!!  Hope you had a great weekend!  Saturday we had torrential rain all day...from morning to evening...some streets in the downtown area were flooded.  We needed rain...and we certainly received a good sopping!

Yesterday was gorgeous...and my miniature sunflowers are in full bloom...aren't they so sweet?  Smaller than the normal size sunflower...but pack just as much punch.  And the corn will soon be coming into tassel!  Can't wait to have fresh corn on the cob!!


Last week I shared when I went to the downtown Farmers Market...and at one booth a lady sells the most incredible hand sewn leather purses, totes, wallets & bags.  I have an obsession with leather...whether it be furniture, boots or purses...I love it!  The smell, the feel and not to mention the durability.  I will buy leather any day over anything else....and when I saw this crossbody purse...I knew it was the perfect size for my needs. I wish you could feel the softness and see the quality craftsmanship she puts into each bag!  I dropped back into the Market yesterday...and chose this crossbody bag!  

The seller, Janie-Nicole Leather...also has an Etsy page where you can order from her collections...but I'll put a little bug in your ear...her items are a bit cheaper at the market.  And no shipping fees. But I would not hesitate to order from her site...especially if you are looking for a custom bag.  The bag I purchased is perfect size to hold my cell phone, wallet and the closure is really cool...and not to mention durable. 

And lastly, although not exciting...we ordered a winter pool cover.  We'v never used one before...as a rule Mr. Seventies drains the pool to pretty much empty..and we've always left the pool open.  This year..we decided to use a winter cover for a couple of reasons.  Obvious reason is to keep leaves, pine needles, and other debris from falling in the pool and prevents algae from forming over the winter months.  Another plus when using a winter cover...the water only needs to be drained to 6" below the skimmer basket.  Meaning we won't have to re-fill the pool with as much water come next May. 

This is sort of what a winter cover looks like...except our pool is not free standing...but enclosed with decking.  


Prior to installation, you lay the cover flat and feed the heavy duty cable through the grommets, place over pool and tighten with the provided winch.  Sounds easy, right?  Let's hope it is. 





Liesel has an early morning spa appointment with her groomer...so she will be fresh and sweet smelling..and look a little less scruffy!!

Have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment