Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Outdoor Christmas Cupcakes!!

So, if you are not a fan of thinking about Christmas in August...then this post is not likely for you!  But if you are like me...and love Christmas...this is the time of year when ideas start swirling in my head for dressing up the outside for the holidays!!

We do the usual large pots and crocks filled with fresh greenery and holly....and Mr. Seventies puts together balsam fir wreaths...and I dig out by E-Z Bowmaker....but this year I was looking to add a couple of things....besides my lanterns, cute birch baby reindeer and so on.  While most would strike up Pinterest...I check out You Tube.  Lots of ideas on there...with video instructions!

This year I plan to make up a few outdoor Christmas cupcakes!!  Something similar to these....


I intend to use some Christmas coloured pots, hopefully from the dollar store...spray paint them if need be.  To add weight...I'll fill each one with broken concrete pieces (which we seem to have an abundance of) or rocks.  For the "frosting"...spray foam from the hardware store is used!!  How easy is that?  My experience with foam...it will "yellow" a bit and not stay white...so I'll spray paint the foam...maybe to resemble pink icing!  And crown the cupcakes with one red "cherry" (Christmas ball).  I think they will look amazing on the steps!!  
And too easy to make!  

I also checked out a few videos for making "lollipop" picks for the Christmas tree...but that is just more work than I want to put in!  I'll wait for Michaels to get them in...and pick up a few then!  
The ones last year were red and white....and sold out in a flash!!  I was disappointed I didn't grab a few when I saw them!!  Lesson learned....




I know most people are thinking fall....and I'm with ya on that...can't wait to get out the fall decor...and keeping fingers crossed the blue pumpkins in the garden mature!!

In other news, we have a trip to Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise...and a few points in between planned in the upcoming weeks!  I've never been to western Canada...Mr. Seventies has...and he is looking forward to giving me the grand tour!  Plan to do some spectacular sight seeing, dine at great restaurants and do a bit of shopping at the boutiques and shops!!  Even have a day planned for the West Edmonton Mall....I might need a motorized cart for that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment