Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Road Trip To The Mainland!!

My friend and I motored to N.B...she had a medical appointment and it's an opportunity for us to do a bit of shopping and have lunch out!  We left early morning...which gave us time to visit a few shops before her appointment.  We like to visit shops that we don't have here in Charlottetown....yet.

I'll share my favourite finds...it was very difficult not to come home with a trunkful!!  Our first stop is at Mod Choc...an amazing store that sells home goods and clothing at amazing low prices!!  It's one of my favourite shops!

Love these great wooden ladders...perfect for hanging extra blankets or quilts!  And they were available in a bleached white stain as well!



Cutest little owl cushions peeking out....


Great assortment of fall and winter decor al lready for the upcoming chilly weather!
Crushing on that chalet sign!!



Great checkered choice of pump containers for hand or dish soap!


Gorgeous, soft cuddly throws to snuggle up in!!  The black and red checked is my favourite!


This wall clock was one of many...I love the red colour!!


An industrial table lamp...would be perfect for a bedside table or desk!


Do these tomatoes not look like the real thing?  And they feel like it too!!  They had an assortment of "faux" veggies and fruit!  


The second shop we visited was just newly opened...in this new location.   First thing I spotted was lanterns...which I kinda have a thing for..




And a heavy, primitive crock...on sale!!  I could see it as a utensil holder....would be great for that!!


Remember when these were popular a few years ago?  They are back...and gaining popularity again!  Really a great way to store taters and onions!!


The cutest wooden plates ever!!  And for under $10 each!!  Just adorable.....


And I had a chuckle when I saw this...and so true!


Tongue in cheek with this cute little plaque!  Had it been a doxie it would have come home with me!


The last shop we had time to visit before lunch was Pier 1!  Oh, how I wish we had that shop in PEI!!  The first thing that caught my eye...slipcovered furniture!!  It is gaining popularity here....finally!!  


And they carry Joanna Gaine's line of home goods...**swoon**...gorgeous cushions and throws with incredible texture!



And look!!!  Cora's sister!!!  Isn't she gorgeous?  These are painted on shiplap boards...while I love this one...Cora is still my favourite!



And then I saw this one!!  She was hard to resist.....I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out where I could hang her in my home!!  I ended up having to leave her.... it was a painful good bye!  I may revisit her in November...as we have another road trip planned then!


After all this gorgeous-ness can you believe the only thing I purchased...was a bag of Butter Rum crumbles?  I don't know who was more surprised...myself or Mr. Seventies!!




Maybe I was just overwhelmed with it all!  Is there such a thing as home decor overload?  Naw...I didn't think so either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment