Followers

Friday, August 31, 2018

Technically It's Still Summer....

But signs of seasons changing are upon us.  The sun is later coming up in the morning...and earlier going down in the evenings.  Overnight temperatures are much cooler...having to close most windows to keep the chill out.  The daytime temps are still very nice.

And its Labor Day weekend...a sure sign that fall is just around the corner.  Schools start for the year next week..and this will be the last big hurrah for tourists.  Most will head home...back to their busy lives.

I was out and about and found some spectacular fall decor.  This gorgeous runner caught my eye...it will look beautiful on my large coffee table...just look at the vibrant colours!




Crushing hard on these pretty pumpkins...I didn't  purchase them...as I have to take stock of what fall decor I currently have.  But these were hard to leave behind.  I just love how they come in a variety of colours now!  



This little sign gave me a chuckle!!  


And no spree would be complete without seeing a few doxie things!!  I couldn't resist purchasing this adorable coffee mug for Mr. Seventies!  Inside says "Little Devil"...



I showed photos of these items to a fellow doxie fanatic...and she ran right out and purchased both!  Nice to help someone else with their obsession...lol!  I had considered buying the bin...storage for Liesel's growing toy collection...but we have a bone shaped toy box that seems to suffice. 




Remember when I posted about making the outdoor Christmas "cupcakes"...look what I found at a local shop...at 50% off.  $5.15 for all three!! Just exactly what I was looking for..right size and everything!   They just need a coat of  spray paint in Christmas colours...  


When I was at the thrift shop the other day...I found these little red sparkly balls...perfect for the cherry on top of the cupcakes!!  And they were marked down an additional 25%!!


Mr. Seventies was using the spray foam the other day for a project outside (same spray I will be using as "icing" on the cupcakes) and while it does spray white...it turns yellow as it hardens.  I will definitely have to spray paint the foam once it dries in the pots...but I suspected I would need to anyways.  

Wishing everyone a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment